This week … Who are the biggest Indian diamantiares? … The Steinmetz empire may be under threat … And a new prediction: $1,200 gold … All below …
Arrests made in Brussels diamond heist.
– Report: Robbers didn’t want diamonds.
– National Geographic’s history of heists.
– FBI agents warns jewelers to be “aware” of criminals.
Harry Winston gets new CEO.
Private equity fund buys owner of Couture, JA Show, National Jeweler.
Hedge funds want to sell Neiman, take it public.
Claire’s launches IPO.
J.C. Penney 1Q sales fall another 16 percent.
– Does it only have another year?
– Changed logo so much, consumers don’t recognize it.
– New hedge fund backers.
– Shares rally.
Online sales tax passes Senate.
– House speaker unlikely to support.
– “Won’t help brick and mortar stores.”
Are Costco’s diamonds as good as Tiffany’s: Thoughts on the new luxury order.
– Judge wants Costco-Tiffany case to be settled.
Steinmetz fortune at risk over probe.
Interesting list of India’s biggest diamond companies.
– Edahn Golan: Why is India weak?
New defaults shake Indian industry.
Suashish considers going private.
Diamond industry’s sad lack of leadership: An update.
– Avi Krawitz: Industry “shouldn’t be threatened” by new initiatives.
– Retailers adjust sourcing after Bangladesh tragedy.
– How Nike solved its sweatshop problem.
CAR, Venezuela face Kimberley Process ban.
– The Associated Press on diamonds in the Central African Republic.
Zimbabwe to sell direct to China.
75 ct. D IF briolette highlights Christie’s Hong Kong sale.
– Art Deco pieces lead sale at Christie’s London.
Linder appointed TAG Heuer CEO.
New heads of Montblanc, Jaeger-LeCoultre brands.
Elle names new accessories director.
Raff, Hauben, Bromberg family win AGS awards.
Warren Buffett aims for record in third turn behind counter.
Warren Buffett still won’t invest in gold.
– But the Chinese still love it.
– Analyst predicts gold prices will hit $1,200.
– Fall puts pressure on South African miners.
Israeli designer replaces gold with paper.
The Great Product Placement
– Tiffany diamonds star in The Great Gatsby.
– Why Gatsby opted for real gems.
– Tiffany earning rebound predicted.
Ritani uses international SEO.
New book on Botswana diamonds.
Bromberg’s may have spelling issue in its Mother’s Day ad.
Downton Abbey jewelry!
Man proposes by flying diamond ring on remote-controlled helicopter.
Football star sues to get engagement ring returned.
Scientific American on the geology of diamonds.
The New York Times tells the story of diamond advertising.
Daily Mirror writer gets educated about diamond cut.
The Wall Street Journal on investing in jewelry.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.