This week …Mom accidentally sells $18,000 diamond rings for $20 … How gold’s decline feeds on itself … New lawsuit pits jeweler against famous rapper … All below …
Gold falls below $1,200.
– Trading at lowest level in nearly three years.
– Goldman Sachs sees it going even lower.
– Gold was “horrible investment” before 1965.
– Decline is “feeding on itself.”
– Gold bulls keep the faith.
Rio Tinto not selling diamond assets.
– Dominion “maintains strong position.”
Wealthy more likely to buy jewelry than cars.
Neiman Marcus files for $100 million IPO.
Lord & Taylor owner may buy Saks.
GIA’s very profitable non-profit lab.
– Chaim Even-Zohar toasts Donna Baker. ($)
De Beers CEO confident Anglo won’t scrap it.
– Wants slimmer, more flexible company.
– Appointing chairman in July.
– Wants KP reform—more than former Global Witness campaigner.
Edahn Golan: Industry needs more transparency.
Exit interview with ex-State Dept. official Brad Brooks-Rubin.
World Diamond Council disassociates itself from anti-NGO speech.
– NGOs fire back.
– Human rights Angola’s “Achilles Heel” in bid for KP chairmanship.
Rupee’s fall leaves 25,000 workers jobless.
– Means less rough to process.
– Surat asks traders to start dealing in dollars.
Lenders looking at huge Winsome Diamonds debt.
– Can company come back?
Jewelry stocks in India headed down.
Botswana to auction its own diamonds, at home.
37 miners die at Central African Republic gold mine.
Rap Fair Trade jewelry conference video.
100 ct. diamond found in Lesotho.
– Gem Diamonds’ shares surge.
Reuven Kaufman re-elected DDC president.
Alexander Weindling named to head Georg Jensen North America.
Person responsible for J.C. Penney “Square” concept resigns.
Zale Corp. rejoins Russell 3,000 Index.
Jewelers vs. Rappers:
– Soulja Boy didn’t pay for jewerly.
– Rick Ross didn’t pay for Rolexes.
Woman loses weight due to diamond ring bribe.
Smuggler found with 129 diamonds in his socks.
Mom accidentally sells $18,000 diamond rings for $20.
New diamond-studded phone: The Black Insane.
– The Wall Street Journal on the Manhattan Gem Tower.
– New thriller about “blood diamonds.”
– Slate says Russian diamond mine is world’s second largest hole.
From the Blog:
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.