This week … How (and why) to make a diamond burn … Will Apple start making electronic rings?… And jewelry made from guns, blood, and hair … All below …
Avon sells Silpada back to founders.
Best Buy—selling watches?
– Apple keeps trademarking the phrase IWatch.
– Newest rumor: An iRing.
Case claiming Macy’s misrepresents gold jewelry will proceed.
Survey: Wealthy woman prefer Tiffany and Co.
Former Tiffany VP charged with stealing jewelry.
New York Post says JFK airport has lax security for diamond shipments.
Is J.C. Penney making a comeback?
– What Ron Johnson got right.
Pandora stock gains as silver price falls.
Gold’s price fall fuels record bullion shipments.
– Price rises on Egypt, Europe fears.
Avi Krawitz on diamond producers vs. marketers.
Indian tax authorities seize cash and diamonds from couriers.
– Insinuations of terror funding.
– Seizure could “destabilize industry.”
– Couriers indignant.
– Safety of couriers a big concern.
– Most diamond parcels released.
– Just who are the angadias?
Indian govt. allowing duty-free export of small diamonds.
Indian jewelers focus more on diamonds.
Will Angola be Kimberley Process chair?
– Michelle Graff says the KP is not transparent enough.
Avi Paz takes over as head of World Diamond Council.
De Beers South Africa mine strike in the offing.
One killed in Sudan gold mine clash.
Oregon passes law to limit gold mining.
JAPAC holds third annual D.C. visit.
– “Age” a factor in Internet sales tax fight.
Nordstorm tests Pinterest-approved product displays.
Chemotherapy hair loss transformed into diamonds.
New line of blood jewelry.
New jewelry made from guns and bullets.
Exhibition on space-inspired jewelry.
Theo Fennell creates gold-studded baby gift.
Diamonds may help with farming.
How to make a diamond burn.
Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian $77,000 diamond ring.
Ke$ha debuting jewelry line.
Alabama jeweler defends Paula Deen.
Jeweler opening barbecue restaurant.
Paterson, New Jersey, wants to make Surat its sister city.
– The Guardian investigates how to become a diamond trader.
– Policymic.com disses the diamond business.
– The Week U.K. looks at diamond investing.
From the Blog:
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.