This week … Chow Tai Fook named in price-fixing probe … What is Donna Baker’s legacy? … Chinese buyers warned over synthetic diamonds … All below …
Gitanjali sees huge stock price fall.
– Company’s MD suspended from stock trading.
– Report: Stock price was “rigged.”
Chow Tai Fook named in price-fixing probe.
– Companies respond.
Expert: ABC news expose could have been a lot worse.
Chinese buyers warned about synthetic diamonds.
Did Donna Baker resign from GIA over something boring?
– Chaim Even-Zohar on Baker’s legacy.
De Beers appoints new chairman.
– E.U. antitrust probe of De Beers not reactivated.
Rio Tinto’s diamond supply-demand projections.
– Avi Kravitz on “diamanomics.”
Gold prices puzzle me, Fed chairman says.
– Is bitcoin gold’s biggest threat?
– Gold produced by star collisions, study says.
Can a smartphone become a smartwatch?
– More than 5 million smartwatches may ship next year.
– TAG Heuer creates watch-inspired smartphone.
U.S. retail sales jump in June.
Saks, Nordstrom have more outlets than regular stores.
– Luxury brands “need to be careful” about outlets.
Saks, Neiman both looking at deals.
J.C. Penney still feeling Ron Johnson hangover.
– J.C. Penney executive exodus continues.
Michael Kors’ lawsuit against Costco echoes Tiffany’s.
Tiffany stock jumps after analyst upgrade.
LVMH says watch sales drop in China.
– What are Chinese consumers’ favorite luxury brands?
Two jewelry store employees shot in San Francisco.
– Over a price dispute?
Fifth suspect arrested in Georgia jeweler’s slaying.
Jewelry industry veteran Cheryl Nickell dies.
Former Auburn jeweler pleads guilty in mortgage fraud scheme.
Prosecutor wants Pittsburgh jeweler to forfeit over $900,000.
Rio Tinto terminates 78 jobs at Argyle.
Decision expected in Northwest Territories’ 4th diamond mine.
– Jericho mine in federal hands.
Takeover of Australia diamond mine falls through.
Mbada Diamonds sued over deaths.
Ghana deports gold miners in huge crackdown.
Brad Brooks-Rubin says a few good words about Dodd-Frank Sect. 1502.
Diamonds sparkle in Indian villages.
Building in Mumbai’s Opera House suffers as diamond companies leave.
Christie’s announces online-only jewelry sale.
More Elizabeth Taylor jewelry coming up for auction.
Joseph Abboud bought by Men’s Wearhouse.
55 ct. diamond goes on display in New York City.
Diamond Council of America wins accreditation.
Maryland jeweler announces royal “push present” contest.
What it’s like to look for diamonds in the Crater of Diamonds park.
Dubai offers gold for dieters.
Blood jewelry—creepy or cool?
Denture jewelry. Also creepy.
– Greenbiz.com on the “true cost” of your engagement ring.
– The Independent calls diamonds “an investor’s best friend.”
– I’ve never heard of Malcolm Berko before but his thoughts on diamonds are mostly a) flat-out inaccurate, and b) out-of-date.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.