This week … Who are the world’s richest diamond owners? …. Article says Texas jeweler robbery was a scam … Canadian diamond sets national record … All below …
Gitanjali denies funding entities to buy stock in Gitanjali.
– Institutional investors raise stake in Gitanjali.
– State-owned fund also did the same.
– Investments in Gitanjali under scrutiny.
– Choksi blames foreign funds for stock fall.
Gold passes $1,300 in surprise rebound.
– Is it headed for a comeback?
– Economists predict it will “languish.”
– Gold smuggling takes off in India.
– There’s less scrap out there.
Sears selling high-end jewelry, watches online.
J.C. Penney pricing policy slammed by Today show.
– Gets new chief marketing officer.
Consumer sentiment raises to highest level in six years.
American spending less on diamond jewelry.
The Hispanic market: A missed opportunity?
The possible threat to Amazon, EBay, Walmart, and all of retail.
A third of all shoppers “showroom.”
Target prices are catching up to Walmart’s.
If you complain to JCrew, the CEO might call you.
Private equity to make bid for Saks.
De Beers hasn’t seen any undisclosed synthetics.
– New De Beers hire to address “negative perceptions” about diamonds.
– De Beers sight estimated at $600 million.
– At sight, clients leave “goods on the table.”
– Avi Krawitz on “trading down.”
47th Street to appear on Project Runway.
– Diamond District will soon house jewelry mall.
Small Indian diamond companies to get bank financing.
Canadian diamond sets national record.
Canadian mine gets green light.
TransHex workers get ready to strike.
Namibia re-negotiating with De Beers.
Brad Brooks-Rubin links The Clash, conflict minerals.
Assistant Secretary of State to kick off diamond panel.
New proof Mugabe buying election with diamond profits.
Fairmined gold coming to the United States.
Rhode Island bars questions about criminal history on job applications.
“The jeweler, the diamond heist, and how Richardson cops decided it was all a scam.”
South African diamond dealer gunman claims he acted in self-defense.
“Pink Panther” thief escapes.
– New England jeweler Phil Minsky.
– Louisana jeweler Sam Rubin Jr.
– Ohio jeweler Margaret Locke.
Michelle Graff remembers her grandmother–and her jewelry.
Staff changes at Jewelers of America.
Sterling appoints new vice presidents.
Interview with Gerald Ratner.
Best of luck, Stephanie!
Viking jewelry unearthed in Denmark.
Kim Kardashian, Kanye West buy golden toilets.
– CNBC on the world’s richest diamond owners.
– Historic diamond hoax to be featured on Travel Channel.
– Huffington Post blogger warns people not to pack their rings.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine