This week … Why selling jewelry may add years to your life … Report says the FBI is investigating Beny Steinmetz … Howard Stern visits the JCK Show … All below …
Cannes hit by $100 million jewelry theft.
– May set world record.
– City gets hit twice in a week.
– New movie opens on Pink Panther gang.
Jewelry industry crime down in first half of year.
47th Street’s retail “makeover.”
Blue Nile cofounder Mark Vadon leaving company.
– My thoughts on Vadon’s legacy and Blue Nile’s future.
– Earning call transcript.
Pandora upgrades 2013 guidance.
Lord & Taylor owner buys Saks Fifth Avenue.
Theo Fennell agrees to $4.4 million takeover bid.
Mauboussin names Thierry Chaunu North American CEO.
De Beers appoints new sales VP.
De Beers move puts Botswana in spotlight.
– Indian diamantaires applaud move.
Avi Krawitz: De Beers can’t please both Anglo and sightholders.
Fears of liquidity crisis in Surat.
Edahn Golan: KP figures are “revealing.”
– Michelle Graff: It’s never going to change.
– State Dept. calls on industry to do more on sourcing.
De Beers publishes “Report to Society.”
Conflict minerals law survives legal challenge.
– Payment disclosure rule vacated. ($)
Report: FBI investigating Beny Steimetz.
– Steinmetz profile.
Former Tiffany VP pleads guilty to jewelry theft.
Las Vegas jeweler pleads guilty to buying and selling stolen property.
Diamond stock scheme gets Las Vegas man indicted.
Three held for smuggling diamonds in India.
Zale gets new senior vice president.
Ben Bridge carries LGBT brand.
GIA partners with Mandela Foundation.
Selling jewelry “may add years to your life.”
– DEF announces Good honorees.
– 5 reasons to love it.
Excerpt from The Engagements book about Frances Gerety, who created the “A Diamond is Forever” slogan.
Howard Stern was at the JCK Show.
A “diamond legend” in Australia.
New material may be better than diamonds at cooling gadgets.
– The BBC says more consumers choosing colored stones.
– FT Alpahville compares iron ore to diamonds.
– Bloomberg on how to spot a fake diamond. (Video)
– The New York Observer on people who wear their diamonds on the beach.
– Slate gives advice on how to avoid diamond thefts.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.