This week … Images of the gems stolen in that record Leviev robbery… Six places that you can forage for diamonds and gems … What the super-rich sell to pawnbrokers …All below …
Michael Hill U.S. same store sales rise 6%.
J.C. Penney posts nearly $600 million loss.
– Stock rallies regardless.
– J.C. Penney poison pill: Wishful thinking?
Swarovski wants to be “world’s top jeweler.” (Sub. requd.)
Pandora opening largest concept store ever.
Chamilia cuts Minneapolis staff.
Macy’s settles gold jewelry lawsuit.
Audemars Piguet sues Movado, Tommy Hilfiger.
Tiffany vs. Costco: “Unlikely” Tiffany will lose.
Ross Simons opens rebranded locations.
Blue Nile regularly selling diamonds via phones.
Report: Samsung to announce smartwatch.
– May be outdated by next year.
– Why Millenials may not want it.
– Why high-end watchmakers should worry.
Company creates “password rings.”
J Crew debuting catalog on Pinterest.
How should we talk—and think—about synthetic diamonds?
– Chaim Even-Zohar: Battle for control of Scio. ($)
Changes the diamond industry is bringing to Botswana.
– The Huffington Post on diamonds and Botswana.
India to cut diamond production as rupee slides.
Avi Krawitz on Israel and the industry.
Edahn Golan: Men “will mean diamonds are forever.”
“Exciting” diamond find in Liberia.
Aboriginal groups protest De Beers’ mine in Canada.
Images of the stolen Leviev gems.
“Pink Panther” who escaped jail arrested.
English gem dealers bilked customers.
5 ct. fancy vivid blue to be sold at Sotheby’s.
Colorado Internet sales tax law wins in appeals court.
Jewelers of America elects new board chairman.
Bill Clinton to speak at Centurion 2014.
Mark Vadon sells Blue Nile shares.
Gold nears two-month high.
Apple to launch gold IPhone.
Some dude talks to Rapaport.
Pawnbroker reveals what super-rich sell.
Corrupt politicians wear Rolexes.
Jewelry designer creates pieces for Duck Dynasty.
Richard Simmons designs jewelry.
Madonna’s diamond grill.
– The Atlantic finds an old, “gross” diamond ad.
– Huffington Post Travel gives you six places to look for diamonds.
– New York blogger tries out Rocks Box.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine