This week … What’s keeping gold prices high? … Beny Steinmetz’s home raided … Buckingham Palace’s jewels nearly stolen …All below …
Neiman Marcus sold to private equity firms for $6 billion.
– Can it make it grow?
New pearl treatment causes permanent damage, says lab.
Sterling, Zale settle “most brilliant diamond” lawsuit.
Indian industry in “liquidity crisis.”
Beny Steinmetz home raided by police.
– Steinmetz responds.
Interview with director of documentary about “Pink Panther” jewel thieves.
– Woman uses children to steal $100,000 from jeweler.
Why do consumers crave luxury jewelry? It’s evolution!
U.S. retail sales for August disappoint.
Jewelry Exchange sees same-store sales jump.
Online sales tax moves ahead in House.
Investor wants to shake up Sotheby’s.
Pandora stock up 75 percent this year.
– Can Zale keep delivering for investors?
Investor wants Dominion Diamond share buyback.
Ben Janowski on De Beers and the Forevermark.
Kmart already airing Christmas ads.
Should J.C. Penney go chapter 11?
– Vornado also selling its Penney shares.
Why Apple isn’t rushing with its smartwatch.
– Nissan introduces one.
– NPR has some smartwatch history.
Jewelry industry must ramp up online marketing, Google exec says.
Goldman Sachs sees gold going lower.
– Gold demand to fall in second quarter.
– The three things that support gold prices.
Cautious” sentiment in Hong Kong.
– Richemont figures show Chinese slowdown.
GJEPC sets up committee to guide industry.
– Rapaport roundtable on Indian industry. (Video)
Mpofu out as mining minister of Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe hasn’t transferred diamond revenue to Treasury.
South African gold strike almost over.
Tribes exposed to poisoning with illegal gold mining.
– Report on child mining in Africa.
Edahn Golan gets introspective.
Diamond Dealers Club head wants to bring business back.
Mort Weisenfeld dies.
Ivanka Trump gets Kate Spade e-commerce veteran.
Michael Lebowitz joins White Pine Trading.
Moratello not for sale, CEO says.
Rare pink, blue, yellow diamonds highlight Christie’s auction.
Drake sued for knock-off jewelry.
Buckingham Palace intruders wanted to steal diamonds.
10 Bruce Springsteen songs that reference diamonds or jewelry.
10 lost engagement rings—and how they were found.
Financial Times talks to Laurence Graff. (reg. requd.)
Australian business magazine on the Diamond Emporium.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine