This week… Who keeps giving diamond rings to the Salvation Army?… The snarky engagement ring photo that “went viral.”… Former J.C. Penney CEO talks (sort of ).… All below…
Diamond lab issues land on local newscasts.
– Edahn Golan: Could be “very damaging.”
Gitanjali’s big plans for the United States.
Grading the big jewelry brands’ holiday advertising.
Gucci, Kendra Scott most-searched-for jewelry brands.
Loehmann’s files for Chapter 11.
– Plans to liquidate.
Upscale stores letting customers haggle.
– J. Crew CEO sees “race to the bottom.”
Target discovers unauthorized access to 40 million credit cards.
Analysts predict $1,050 gold next year.
De Beers backtracks on synthetic diamond guidance.
– Indian industry leaders call for separate certification for synthetic diamonds.
– Dalumi says it accidentally purchased a parcel of synthetics.
Antwerp Diamond Bank bought by Chinese company.
Indian bank cautious about lending to diamond companies.
New report looks at illicit diamond trade.
Diamond smugglers nabbed in India.
Avi Krawitz on legitimizing Marange.
– Zimbabwe happy with results of Antwerp tender.
Alrosa producing 36 million carats next year.
De Beers December sight estimated at $580 million.
Are there diamonds in Antarctica?
Pebble opens first smartwatch app store.
– Review of Ornate smartwatch.
Gurhan flagship to open in New York City.
Jared opens 200th store.
IDCA reelects Shah as president.
Former J.C. Penney CEO Ron Johnson resurfaces, admits going “too fast.”
New York City hotel gives complimentary diamond ring.
Site discovers “unluckiest” engagement ring.
Former diamond guy decides to make wine.
Indian diamond magnate gives his staff cars.
Diamond ring again donated to Salvation Army.
Diamonds worth $200,000 found on Israeli street—and returned.
New Samsung phone may have diamond casing.
Author of book on diamonds now writing about gold.
Engagement ring photo goes viral.
– LGBT Weekly has a diamond-buying guide.
– CNN talks to Chris Aire.
– MoneyTalksNews has “jeweler’s tricks of the trade.”
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.