This week… Target’s newest problem: its gift cards… A Netflix for watches?… Kim Kardashian’s daughter models her ring.… All below…
– Centurion newsletter: Luxury jewelers had “very strong season.”
– National Jeweler: “A solid holiday.”
– Instore: Jewelers “surprisingly upbeat.”
Happy New Year!
– The best and worst things to happen to the industry in 2013.
– Top 10 kooky jewelry news stories.
Gold has worst year in three decades.
– Analysts predict further declines.
– Counterpoint: Why it may bounce back.
Edahn Golan: Polished diamond prices fall during 2013.
Avi Krawitz: Diamond trade “optimistic” about 2014.
– Counterpoint: Market “looking pretty gloomy.”
– Five stories to watch in the coming year.
Undisclosed synthetic diamonds get attention from industry groups.
GIA changes grading report format.
Rio Tinto VP Foerster to join Leo Schachter.
Leviev’s daughter sued over diamond liquidation.
Tiffany and Swatch: What went wrong?
– Motley Fool: Tiffany has a “great future.”
Fire destroys Swatch component workshop.
New line of smartwatches coming.
Report: Brick-and-mortar shoppers also use Amazon.
Videos show Walmart with extra inventory.
Target now has problem with gift cards.
For jewelers, “it’s Facebook or nothing.”
Jeweler still waiting to hear about snow promotion.
– Connecticut jeweler may pay out, too.
California jeweler pleads guilty to mail fraud.
Industry executive Ellen Soto dies.
Zimbabwe wants greater diamond investment.
Ex–State Dept. conflict diamonds rep on supply chain governance and Lou Reed.
Tiffany CEO talks sustainability.
Gitanjali’s share price jumps.
J.C. Penney’s stock down 60 percent in 2014.
University aims to lead diamond research.
Diamond-studded Taj Mahal replica up for grabs.
Fred Mouawad launches new app.
Report: Hollywood producers traded diamonds (and drugs).
Bills star settles dispute with fiancée over engagement ring.
Kim Kardashian’s daughter photographed holding her diamond ring.
Patrick Swayze’s widow engaged to jeweler.
12 couples who rang in the New Year with an engagement ring.
How diamonds “will safeguard soldiers.”
The Wall Street Journal on “the world beyond diamond studs.”
From the Blog:
Wishing a happy and healthy 2014 to all!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine