This week: Why the iWatch may be a dud. Chocolate Diamonds aren’t so bad. The end of recycled diamonds? All below.
Sotheby’s: Big pink didn’t sell after all.
Signet and Zale: The Aftershocks
– Avi Krawitz: Dealers, manufacturers will be squeezed.
– Michelle Graff: Those lawsuits are bogus.
Zale reports strong profit jump.
– Earnings call transcript.
Big retailers bullish about 2014.
– Three odd signs the economy is recovering.
J.C. Penney reports huge loss even as sales rise.
– Earning call transcript.
Why the diamond business keeps getting slammed.
– In defense of Chocolate Diamonds.
– “Haters gonna hate.”
Recycled diamonds: Is the party over?
5 reasons the iWatch will fail.
– Samsung introducing new smartwatch, and Google’s is next.
Brandee Dallow to head U.S. Rio Tinto office.
Stuller appoints chief marketing officer.
Tiffany appoints Ogilvy as ad agency.
More on Angolan president’s daughter’s involvement in diamonds and jewelry.
EPA moves against Pebble mine.
Problems with Dubai “conflict gold” audit.
– Global Witness report.
– Dubai responds.
Northern Ireland jeweler plans seven new stores.
Israel considering new diamond regulations.
– Bans synthetics from bourse trading floor.
Phone, Internet outage hits Diamond District.
Forevermark reports strong sales growth.
Couple discovers $10 million in gold coins in backyard.
– Might owe IRS big bucks.
– Did Mashable discover the coins’ origin?
Loree Rodkin files suit against reality TV stars.
New company can turn corpses into diamonds.
Theft victim tries to recover rings through classified ad.
The world’s most expensive crib and pacifier.
– Fortune: “Diamonds might be the new gold.”
– The Week U.K. on diamond investment.
– The Telegraph profiles diamond e-tailer Vashi Dominguez.
– Huffington Post likes diamond cluster settings.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.