This week: Is buying gold in again? The fate of The Bachelor’s engagement ring. The diamond-covered bulletproof suit. All below.
Alex and Ani CEO resigns.
– Feroce talks to The Providence Journal.
Riddle’s acquires Black Hills Gold manufacturer.
CIRCA buys Portero.com.
Eddie Borgo names first CEO.
Gold hits six-month high.
– Fox Business sees “we buy gold” signs reemerging.
Jewelry ranks first as “investment of passion” among wealthy.
Charles Wyndham on how Coke differs from diamonds.
Why the Pink Star sale was canceled—and what happens now.
– Avi Krawitz on the market for exceptional diamonds.
Indian diamantaires happy De Beers didn’t raise rough prices.
– Think prices will increase after Hong Kong.
Chaim Even-Zohar: Does GIA have too much importance?
State of rough diamond global supply.
Sales of elephant ivory now prohibited.
Jewelers woo same-sex couples.
Michelle Graff on the ethics behind recycled diamonds.
The latest twist in the online sales tax debate—or why Blue Nile might move to Oregon.
– Origin sourcing “takes beating” at House hearing.
– Panel considers compromise.
Former U.S. congressman may spill beans on Zimbabwe gem deals.
– Zimbabwe mines hemorrhaging as output dries up.
– Ministers fingered in diamond scam.
– Dubai hosting Zimbabwe rough tender.
Former adviser to Beny Steinmetz switches plea to guilty.
Shareholder sues to block Signet acquisition by Sterling.
Judge dismisses EEOC suit against Sterling.
Swatch sues Target for allegedly copying watch designs.
Graff says inflatable cat cost it $100,000 in sales.
Did Target miss signs of hacking?
3-D printer for jewelry announced.
Overstock.com declares victory against patent trolls.
Pandora chairman resigns.
Bon-Ton president and CEO to resign.
J.C. Penney CEO says he isn’t temporary.
Gemstone expert Reginald Miller dies.
2.89 ct. diamond found at Crater of Diamonds.
Diamonds found by construction worker in old jewelry store.
Seven crazy themed engagement rings.
Game of Thrones jewelry.
Rare diamond hints at water inside Earth.
Diamond dealer Gad selling condo for $16 million.
Huffington Post blogger likes her single-woman engagement ring.
Former White House correspondent did not like working in retail.
Colored diamonds may have superconductor uses.
Diamond armor, the world’s most expensive bulletproof suit.
– Dateline NBC reports on the diamond guru.
– Men’s Journal gives engagement ring buying tips.
– The New York Times profiles Gabriel Urist.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.