This week: Is owner pulling plug on Sears? Indian diamond firm goes bust in Antwerp. Controversy involving Harry Reid’s granddaughter’s jewelry. All below.
Jewelry crime fell 8.1 percent in 2013.
Consumer confidence soars to highest level in six years.
Signet to open 50–75 new stores this year.
– Stock hits 52-week high.
– Earning call transcript.
Charles & Colvard’s sales grow.
– Stock loses luster.
– Earning call transcript.
JudeFrances announces new president.
Eddie Lampert stops buying Sears IOUs.
Jeweler charged with misrepresenting simulants as diamonds.
– Attorney says jeweler is the victim.
60 Minutes profiles Pink Panther jewel thieves.
– Reporter appears on CBS This Morning.
Hearts On Fire sues CIRCA over barter deal.
Third Point sues Sotheby’s over “poisoned pill.”
John Mayer sues watch dealer over alleged counterfeit Rolexes.
– Should consumers not buy vintage watches?
Swiss manufacturers say they aren’t scared of smartwatches. They should be.
– Why Google may dominate smartwatches.
– How smartwatches could be used for ads.
Watchmakers don’t like Swiss immigration proposal.
LMVH shakes up watch, jewelry unit.
Swatch Group plans significant investment in Harry Winston.
Indian diamond firm goes bust in Antwerp.
Why recycled diamond sales may be falling.
A review of the industry’s first quarter.
How do you solve a problem like Marange?
– Questions surround mining shutdown.
– Miners may face perjury charges.
– Mbada workers may have stolen diamonds.
– No more “business as usual” with Zimbabwe diamonds?
Professor says diamonds “bleed the poor.”
De Beers looking to mine in Angola.
Tensions between Christians and Muslims in Central Africa Republic mining town.
Dora International hires Southeast sales director.
Papal bling for sale again.
Picasso jewelry tramples estimates at auction.
The rise of Danish jewelry.
Chinese smuggler caught with diamonds in pants.
Controversy involving Harry Reid’s granddaughter’s jewelry.
Illinois jeweler Ronald Hurst dies.
Jewelry designer who slapped cop gets community service.
Teeth-whitening treatment uses diamonds.
Woman finds engagement ring she lost at airport.
– Jeweler in The Guardian calls KP “cover story” for blood diamonds.
– FemaleFirst says diamonds “no longer a girl’s best friend.”
– The Nation says Europe “goes soft” on conflict minerals.
– South African newspaper on the upcoming diamond supply squeeze.
– NY Times: Watchmakers and astronomy.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend…
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine