This week: I have a Magic moment. The business card-ring sizer. Charlie Sheen gets a man-gagement ring. All below.
Amazon sales suffer in states with sales tax.
Apple extends trademark to jewelry, watches.
– Consumer Reports tests out smartwatches.
Rough diamond prices to rise 5 to 10 percent, group says.
Gitanjali seeks new loan.
Lazare Kaplan revenue falls 6 percent.
Interview with head of Gemfields.
Big gold miners may merge.
Armani pays tax man for overseas evasion.
Why the South African mining minister is a pretty bad friend.
The conflict minerals rule may be unconstitutional—but it’s going ahead anyway.
– Supporters want the SEC to press ahead.
Ivory Coast ban may not be lifted.
Illegal mining booms in South Africa.
Angola wants a diamond museum.
Steinmetz loses Guinea mining permits.
Zimbabwe culling diamond mining firms.
– Money still going to ruling party.
– Dubai auction proceeds delayed.
Diamond giants eyeing smaller projects.
Scio Diamond shareholders don’t like “poison pill.”
Signet CEO shares 49,000 shares.
Peggy Jo Donahue to head MSJA Educational Foundation.
GIA named Matt Crimmin VP of lab operations.
DGSE names Dusty Clem chairman and CEO.
228,000 ct. ruby auctioned by Bonhams.
– 36 ct. emerald, Eydie Gormé diamonds highlight Sotheby’s sale.
Museum rushes to buy former first lady’s tiara from pawnshop.
Jewelry store thanks community after robbery.
German jeweler’s business card is also a ring sizer.
Magic Johnson kicks off AGS.
– Five tips on closing the sale.
Drake buys Rhianna a diamond ring.
Angie Everhart’s engagement ring.
Victoria Beckham’s wedding tiara for sale.
Charlie Sheen gets man-gagement ring.
The $1,000 sundae.
– The Telegraph on the direction of diamond prices.
– Los Angeles Times on banning coral.
– Q&A on Fair Trade gold.
From the blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine