This week: A chimp invents jewelry. Rapper accused of assaulting manager with diamonds. Is Michael Kors headed for a fall? All below…
Florida station airs segment on diamond grading problems.
Credit card fraud gang targeting jewelers.
– Two members arrested.
Wholesaler Bauman Massa liquidating.
Birks: No official plans for U.S. stores.
iWatch “will make Apple a luxury brand.”
– Three iWatch models?
– Will retail for under $300, and sell millions.
– Could iWatch sales double those of Rolex?
– NY Mag: No one wants a smartwatch.
– Kids may adopt before adults.
How Scio Diamond ended up a mess.
Sales tax fairness bill reintroduced.
– Senate hopes to force House vote.
Is Michael Kors becoming too ubiquitous?
Tory Burch designs collection of fitness wearables.
The Times of Israel: Less diamond deals done in cash.
Bridal market “remains strong” for industry.
The rise—and likely fall—of Marange diamonds.
– Bank says it’s difficult to fund Zimbabwe diamond mines.
Report on industry financing conference.
De Beers announces new kind of sightholder.
De Beers nearly done probing leak of price book.
Namibia negotiating new De Beers deal.
– Strike looms at Namdeb.
Movado names new president.
HSN chief turned down role as J.C. Penney CEO.
Sterling Jewelers announces new VP of merchandising.
Daryl Wickstrom promoted at Sotheby’s.
World Diamond Council seeks executive director.
Tacori makes changes in sales department.
Jewelers unBLOCKed adds exec from Jewelers Mutual.
Harry Winston’s son has no right to name.
Cartier alleges trade secret theft.
LVMH, eBay settle counterfeit litigation.
Pandora moves headquarters to Baltimore.
Ekati founder still looking for new finds.
Winsome Diamonds wants to be delisted.
Forevermark expanding to United Kingdom.
Lebanese jewelry industry suffering.
Diamond workers in Saurashtra no longer moving to Surat.
Silver price setting mechanism switches to electronic, auction based system.
– London gold price fix inches closer to reform.
Weekly Standard writer calls for return to gold standard.
– Vox writer disagrees.
Janitor allegedly stole Lorraine Schwartz ring from red carpet, report says
Khloe Kardashian’s boyfriend may be looking for ring.
Cheryl Cole’s engagement ring.
Japanese jeweler designs gold Godzilla.
– Selling for $150 million.
Scientists demolish diamonds to learn about planets.
Goodwill auctions 3 ct. diamond ring for $11,600.
Celebrities are piercing their septums!
– HuffPo tracks the “emotional stages.”
Did a chimp invent a piece of jewelry?
– Vanity Fair looks at Elsa Peretti.
– The Maui News on the “diamond mines” in Florida.
– Al Jazeera on the Pebble Mine.
– Ventures Africa on diamonds in Botswana.
– Smithsonian magazine looks at world’s largest mines.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine