I’ll probably post this every Friday at about 2 – 2:30 …
– Retail market grew at Christmas. Incidentally, the net gain came even though number of pieces sold fell; it’s just the average price went up. A (small) Blood Diamond effect? Just asking …
– Edmund Goldstein, former World Federation president, dies.
– A well done article on the Antwerp diamond theft.
– Kind of weird: The Sicilian Mafia – meaning the real actual Mafia – could be linked to the diamond trade in Namibia.
– Could new technology revolutionize diamond exploration?
– Ken Gassman: Jewelry sales up in February.
– Chaim on Botswana and the games beneficators play.
THIS JUST IN: Rapper makes history with world’s largest diamond pendant.
–CNBC recommends diamonds as an investment. When did that whole thing start up again? The financial channels are all over it. Better than blood diamonds, I guess.
-A new spin on female self purchase: Women helping to pay for their engagement rings
-Martin Rapaport appears in subway commuter fave AM New York.Saw this speech; it was very interesting.
And the following blog posts:
Feel free to comment on any of the above with the little button below (or by email at rbates –at- reedbusiness.com), and of course, have a great weekend.