Market faces a crisis, De Beers wants 4,000 Forevermark stores, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
– Good overview of rough market. Diamond crisis looms. Sight mood “worse than last month.” Turmoil reigns. Indian diamond polishers lose sparkle.
– Media Watch: Businessweek profiles Dubai. Huffington Post offers money-saving wedding tips. Head of GCAL testifies in insurance case.
– Mugabe regime smuggling diamonds out via diplomatic bags. Zimbabwe recovers diamonds lost in Belgium. Minister threatens diamond companies. Did vice president collude with Anjin?
– De Beers wants the Forevermark in 4,000 stores. Plans “aggressive penetration” into Indian market. Opens new lab, possible diamond auction facility in Surat.
– GJPEC calls for generic promotion of diamonds. Bankers ask for more transparency from industry.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox