Best of the Best2019
Diamond auction a “warning signal,” diamantaire arrested in Antwerp, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week.
– Antwerp diamond auction flops, warning signal?
– Barclays may be lending to diamond dealers in Africa. Standard Chartered takes over Winsome Diamonds’ assets.
– As much as $12 billion in diamonds stolen from Zimbabwe. Smugglers in Central African Republic defy Kimberley Process ban. Writer on blood diamonds stands trial for defamation.
– Media Watch: CNBC reporter goes to the Graff store. Al Jazeera interviews De Beers CEO.
– Antwerp diamond trader, head of local diamond fraud unit both arrested.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox