Harvard Business Review on Tiffany and Blue Nile, jeweler loses lawsuit because ring needed Super Glue, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week.
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Diamond deals not helping Congo. Sierra Leone diamonds “keeping children out of school.” Significant increase in HIV/AIDS among Indian diamond workers.
- Reuters on diamond smuggling in Venezuela. India “relieved” at no change in Kimberley Process definition of conflict diamonds.
- Jeweler loses lawsuit because ring required “Super Glue.”
- Fipke mulling option to buy Ekati.
- Harvard Business Review examines Tiffany’s relationship with Blue Nile. Minneapolis Star-Tribune profiles a local memento synthetic diamond manufacturer. Huffington Post on a “monster diamond.”
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine