Is the Miss America crown made of diamonds, what’s the real reason Antwerp Diamond Bank was shut, and other topics on the industry’s radar this week.
– Alrosa cuts rough prices at September tender. The “industry in peril.” Time and The Wall Street Journal (registration required) talk lower diamond prices.
– Kimberley Mines CEO arrested for allegedly misleading stock market. Ekati owners defend mine expansion as caribou numbers fall.
– Antwerp Diamond Bank: Closed because of cover-up? Dubai becomes more important in diamond finance.
– Thai doctors extract diamond after woman swallows it.
– Media Watch: Bustle: Is the Miss America crown really diamonds? Time on how to sniff out fakes.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox