JCK’s Diamond Wednesday roundup of stories that have the trade talking
Complaints against a Diamond District jeweler and Kay, lenders tighten noose on big Indian company, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week.
– Couple says Diamond District jeweler sold undisclosed treated diamond. Michigan woman says Kay lost her diamond ring.
– Industry urged to banish credit. Report: Lenders tighten noose on Shrenuj. Ehud Laniado: Diamond business is ignoring warning signs.
– Brexit lowers ring’s price. Indian gem and jewelry industry unclear about Brexit impact. Martin Rapaport predicts little effect. Financial turmoil could delay Alrosa privatization.
– Who pays for same-sex engagement ring?
– Four-part series on illegal diamond mining. Botswana president warns diamond resources are running out.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine