JCK’s Diamond Wednesday roundup of stories that have the trade talking
Jeweler gives soldier free ring, environmental groups take De Beers to court, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
– Rio Tinto calls diamonds a “priority area.” The New York Times interviews new De Beers CEO.
– Media Watch: Articles on lab-grown diamonds on CCTV America, NPR, and in the Omaha World-Herald. Bloomberg on the industry and India. Racked on buying jewelry online.
– Jeweler thanks soldier with free engagement ring.
– Lebanese bride covers herself in diamonds.
– Environmental groups take De Beers to court over mercury. Cameroon is a laundering point for conflict diamonds.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine