JCK’s Diamond Wednesday roundup of stories that have the trade talking
The great diamond slowdown, going undercover in Antwerp, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
– De Beers summer sale defies slowdown. Prices fall 14 percent. Ehud Laniado: The great diamond slowdown.
– Start-up turns diamonds into a currency alternative.
– Israel may have gemstone, diamond mines.
– Rapaport to provide 100 percent natural untreated melee. Popular Science writer proposes with lab-grown diamond (and links to JCK). HuffPo blogger interviews head of Pure Grown.
– Media Watch: The “undercover etiquette” of the Antwerp diamond district. Los Angeles Times on the problems in the local jewelry district. Yahoo: Diamonds won’t likely last forever.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine