CyberMonday.com launched in November 2006 as a one-stop shop for consumers looking for the best online holiday promotions. On the site, more than 500 retailers feature hundreds of promotions that encourage shoppers to point and click their way through the holiday shopping season.
Though Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, is still two weeks away, CyberMonday.com has launched for the holiday season with a variety of special promotions and exclusive offers on the site.
This year’s new features include:
• An option for shoppers to sign up to receive the best offers from retailers via email every Monday
• RSS feeds with updates on deals, discounts and promotions
• Dedicated pages highlighting retailers with free shipping offers, gift cards, and a holiday-themed page
• A home page featuring hot holiday products and category-specific pages for quick shopping.
• Product search capabilities allowing shoppers to search more than 15,000,000 product SKUs.
In its first two weeks of operation last year, more than 500,000 visisted CyberMonday.com, according to Mall Networks, which powers the site. Traffic to the site was so substantial on Cyber Monday 2006 that the site provider increased capacity for the site this year.
CyberMonday.com also was launched to raise money for a scholarship fund in memory of former Shop.org vice president Ray Greenly. When shoppers make a purchase through the Web site, retailers provide a percentage of that sale to Shop.org. More than $100,000 has been raised for the scholarship fund, which helps students pursuing careers in eCommerce.
CyberMonday.com was honored in September 2007 with two Standard of Excellence WebAwards from the Web Marketing Association.