The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning consumers about the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using the products immediately.
- Name of Product: Children’s Metal Charm Bracelets
- Units: Unknown
- Importer: Buy-Rite Designs, of Freehold, N.J. (The firm is no longer in business.)
- Hazard: The bracelets contain high levels of cadmium. Laboratory analysis determined that following a 24-hour incubation in simulated stomach acid, over 20,000 micrograms of cadmium were released from the snowman alone. Cadmium can be toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
- Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
- Description: This warning involves Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer brand children’s Christmas and winter-themed bracelets. The two styles involved in this notice are the Bumble Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The bracelets were sold with winter and Christmas-themed charms including a snowman, Christmas tree, candy cane and snowflake.
- Sold at: Discount and dollar-type stores nationwide between 2006 and March 2009 for about $1.
Manufactured in: China
- Remedy: Consumers should immediately take these charm bracelets away from children and dispose of the jewelry.
CPSC is interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. To report any incidents or injuries visit https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx.