The Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Report serves as an overview of designers’ color choices in new clothing collections. The colors are important for jewelers to know so they can help customers successfully color-block accessories. Here are five ways to color-block with Pantone’s Marsala.
Marsala is “sensual and bold” and a “daringly inviting tone that nurtures…exuding confidence and stability while feeding the body, mind, and soul,” according to Pantone. “Much like the fortified wine that gives Marsala its name, this robust shade incorporates the warmth and richness of a tastefully fulfilling meal, while its grounding red-brown roots point to a sophisticated, natural earthiness,” continues Pantone.
1. Pair Marsala with “timeless and unobtrusive Glacier Gray,” suggests Pantone.
2. Give Marsala attire a yellow jewel for an analogous color effect.
3. Give a Marsala-colored outfit a pop of blue, like clothing designer Daniel Silverstain.
4. Call attention to Marsala in a print by wearing a Marsala-toned jewel.
5. Give Marsala-colored outfits a pink jewel for an air of “glamour and sensuality” according to clothing design house Hervé Léger by Max Azria.
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.