The Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Report serves as an overview of designers’ color choices in new clothing collections. The colors are important for jewelers to know so they can help customers successfully color-block accessories. Here are five ways to color-block with Pantone’s Custard.
Custard is “sweet and sunny” and a “cheering tone that brings thoughts of pleasant relaxation and comfort food,” according to Pantone. Custard is “engaging with its soft and mellow warmth” and has “an affable and easy disposition,” continues the color agency.
1. Dress Custard with pink, like clothing designer Nicole Miller, for a cheerful look.
2. Give Custard-colored clothes a yellow gold jewel for a rich, tone-on-tone effect.
3. Pair green jewels with Custard outfits for a playful, vintage, Capri-1960s vibe, like design house Alice & Trixie.
4. Highlight Custard in a print by wearing a Custard-colored jewel.
5. Adorn Custard-colored outfits in blue jewels for a carefree, early-1960s California-inspired joie de vivre, like designer Nanette Lepore.
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.