The Pantone Fall 2014 Fashion Color Report serves as an overview of designers’ color choices in new clothing collections. The colors are important for jewelers to know so they can help customers successfully color-block accessories. Here are five ways to color-block with Pantone’s Mauve Mist.
PANTONE 15-3207 MAUVE MIST
Outfit by Noon by Noor
(Image courtesy of Pantone)
Mauve Mist is a “romantic and elegant purple shade that reminds us of the deco era and stimulates a sense of femininity and empowerment,” according to Pantone.
1. Mix Mauve Mist with blue for an analogous color combination.
Bracelet in 14k and 18k blackened gold from the Rosebud collection with 4.52 ct. blue agate and 0.45 ct. diamonds, $3,460; Jane Taylor
2. Accent Mauve Mist with black for a modern effect.
Charlotte studs in 14k gold with black rhodium and 0.10 ct. diamonds, $575; Selin Kent
3. Pair Mauve Mist with a neutral shade, such as gold or silver.
Marquis Butterfly cuff in sterling silver, $520; Zina Sterling
4. Enhance a print by accessorizing with a Mauve Mist–color jewel.
5. Play up the softness of Mauve Mist with more pinkish pastels for a monochromatic look.
Rings in 18k gold with morganite and diamonds from Makur Designs
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.