The Pantone Spring 2014 Fashion Color Report provides an overview of fashion designers’ color choices in their new collections. The colors are important for jewelers to know so they can help customers color-block accessories. Here are five ways to color-block with Pantone’s Dazzling Blue.
Pantone 18-3949 Dazzling Blue
1. Give Dazzling Blue–colored garments a healthy dose of turquoise and amethyst jewels for an analogous color effect.
Earrings in 18K gold with 38.64 cts. t.w. amethyst, 5.54 cts. t.w. London blue topaz, 21.4 cts. t.w. turquoise, 3.24 cts. t.w. pink tourmaline, 0.80 ct. t.w. diamonds, and 0.25 ct. t.w. rubies, $47,500; Abellan New York
2. Pair Dazzling Blue with black for a dramatic vibe.
Bron-Yr-Aur necklace in 18k gold with black rhodium and 0.28 ct. t.w. black diamonds, $1,500; Lyon Fine Jewelry at Luxe Intelligence
3. Outfit Dazzling Blue attire with orange for extra vibrancy.
Bangles in resin with Swarovski crystals, $135; Angélique de Paris
Dress by Sachin + Babi
(Image courtesy of Pantone)
4. Accessorize Dazzling Blue with brown jewels for an inviting juxtaposition of cool and warm colors.
Limited-edition necklace with smoky quartz and silver, $669; Uno de 50
5. Dress Dazzling Blue with gold (or gold plate) for a classic look.
Pendant necklace in 18k gold-plated silver, $100; Artistry
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.