Christie’s June 11 auction “New York Jewels” sold 167 lots for a total of $11,367,875. The top lot was a pear-shaped fancy intense blue, internally flawless diamond of 6.29cts which sold for $3,554,500, or $565,000 per carat.
Rounding out the top 10 were the following:
* A modified rectangular-cut fancy yellow, SI1 diamond of 46.72 ct. for $602,500, or $12,900 per carat.
* A pear-shaped F color, internally flawless diamond of 10.0 1cts. for $485,500, or $45,800 per carat.
* A diamond necklace by Graff for $410,500.
* A modified rectangular-cut fancy dark gray-blue diamond of 3.28 cts. for $386,500, or $117,800 per carat.
* A rectangular-cut Y to Z color, VS1 diamond of 30.17 cts. for $362,500, or $12,000 per carat.
* A circular-cut light yellow diamond of 24.17 cts. for $338,500, or $14,000 per carat.
* A pear-shaped fancy light pinkish purple diamond of 8.10 cts. for $302,500, or $37,000 per carat.
* A cabochon emerald and diamond “Thread” ring of 16.27 cts. by JAR for $242,500, or $14,900 per carat.
* An Art Deco pearl and diamond sautoir for $236,500.