C.D. Peacock, Chicago’s oldest fine jeweler, continues to implement the company’s plans for expansion with its recent relocation to larger retail space in Northbrook, Ill. This move follows the opening in 2000 of two new downtown stores on Michigan Avenue, bringing the total number of locations to five in the Chicago area.
“In 1994, when Seymour Holtzman rescued C.D. Peacock, the first store was opened in Northbrook,” says Sharon Thomson, President of C.D. Peacock. “His goal was to expand throughout the Chicago area, reestablishing C.D. Peacock to its historical position as Chicago’s premier fine jeweler. In spite of the difficult economy, we are encouraged by the sales our five stores are generating. We are committed to continued growth and expansion. … Relocating to 4,500 square feet in Northbrook is the appropriate step for us at this time.”
The Northbrook Court location of C.D. Peacock features luxury watches and jewelry, including Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe, Bulgari, Bertolucci, Grimoldi, and Paneri. Jewelry collections include Bulgari, Scott Kay, Mikimoto Pearls, Favero, Roberto Coin, and Yvel along with the largest selection of diamonds in the Midwest and the 20.65 ct. fancy intense yellow internally flawless Peacock Diamond.
The grand opening, which was held in late October, was covered in Chicago Social, the region’s leading society magazine. More than 500 guests, from Chicago and suburban communities, attended the event.
The House of Peacock first opened its doors on February 9, 1837, the same year Chicago was incorporated as a city. From the earliest days, Chicago’s leading citizens including Mary Todd Lincoln, Cyrus McCormick, George Pullman, Potter Palmer, Marshall Field, and more recently, Mick Jagger, patronized C.D. Peacock. C.D Peacock stores are located in Oakbrook, Woodfield, Northbrook, and two locations on Michigan Avenue.