The site is designed to educate the public about lab-created moissanite; what it is, how it came to be and why it stands out from other jewels and gemstones. In addition, the site was developed as an educational web link for retailers that sell jewelry set with Charles & Colvard created moissanite.
“The marketing and advertising of gemstones and jewels, particularly on the internet, can be confusing and in some cases misleading to the public” said Bob Thomas. Charles & Colvard chief executive officer. “From the earliest days of Charles & Colvard, we have consistently attempted to accurately describe our beautiful jewel, and on whatismoissanite.com consumers will find fully documented information that serves as an excellent tool in helping them identify and truly understand why moissanite is such an amazing jewel.”
WhatisMoissanite.com offers the following educational tabs including:
* A Unique Jewel: Explains the characteristics and science behind the jewel’s brilliance, fire, hardness, durability and stability
* Compare Moissanite: Explores the differences between moissanite, diamond, cubic zirconia and others
* History: The history of siliconcarbide and its transformation from its discovery more than 110 years ago into the unique jewel known today as moissanite
* Creating Moissanite: Details the course of turning rough silicon carbide into moissanite jewels, the process of grading and hand-faceting moissanite as well as identifying the benefits of the company’s certificate of authenticity and limited warranty
* Learn more: An area that gets right to the point for frequently asked questions, including a glossary and video answers by world renown scientist and gemologist, Kurt Nassau.