The Canadian Jewellers Association has appointed Yakup Tecimer as chairman of its board of directors for 2013–2014.
Tecimer is director of operations at Tecimer Jewellery Ltd., a fine gold and silver jewelery wholesale company in Toronto. He is also a part of the jewelers advisory council to Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co., a supporter of Jewellers Vigilance Canada, a member of the 24 Karat Club, supplier to the Canadian Jewellery Group, the DiGem Group, and a member of the Armenian Jewellers Association.
The rest of the CJA board of directors for 2013–2014 are:
- Past Chairman: Kim Markwart, Markwart Jewellers, Tisdale, Saskatchewan
- First Vice Chairman: Tanya Parrish, Canadian Gem, Montreal
- Second Vice Chairman: Darren Dubrovsky, Empress, Montreal
- Treasurer: Geoffrey Beattie, Barclay’s Fine Custom Jewellers, Victoria, British Columbia
- David Ritter, CJA president & CEO, Toronto
- Troy Calder, Charm Jewelry Ltd., Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Mo Charania, Jubilee Fine Jewellers, Ottawa, Ontario
- Stephen Cole, Spicer Cole Fine Jewellers, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Sonja Sanders, Jewellery by Sanders, Oshawa, Ontario
- Umesh Shah, Vandan Associates Inc., Toronto
- Albert Wizman, Wizman Gems International Ltd., Toronto