The American craft community reaches a major milestone as the Buyers Market of American Craft celebrates its 25th anniversary.
Running February 16-19, 2007, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pa., the semiannual Buyers Market presents the work of 1,500 American craft artists in glass, ceramics, jewelry, wood, furniture, mixed media, and decorative and wearable fiber.
To help celebrate the anniversary, seven exhibitors from the original 1982 show will return as featured Buyers Market alumni. Those exhibitors are:
* Sergio Lub (booth 202, www.sergiolub.com)
* Murphy Design (booth 1112, www.murphy-design.com)
* Pearce Design (booth 1102, www.pearcejewelers.com)
* Julie Shaw (booth 1207, www.julieshawdesigns.com)
* Danica Design Candles (booth 1705, www.danicacandles.com)
* Van De Lune (booth 1302, no website)
* Wildflowers by Cricket (booth 3512, www.crickettileart.com)
Joining these alumni exhibitors will be approximately 175 new exhibiting artists, including:
* Stiles in Clay (booth 4328, www.stilesinclay.com)
* Steve Sizelove (booth 5213, www.stevesizelove.com)
* Kino Guerin (booth 3406, www.kinoguerin.com)
* RedStart Design (booth 1509, www.redstartdesign.com).
Since 1982, the Buyers Market has provided artists with a professional venue to build long-term business relationships with qualified wholesale craft buyers. Buyers Market founder and president Wendy Rosen estimates that the show has helped more than 7,000 artists and 15,000 retailers create profitable craft businesses.
“The Buyers Market’s anniversary is as much about the future of American craft as it is about our artists’ and retailers’ past success,” Rosen says.
Anniversary festivities include a special Retailer BOOT CAMP seminar with retail consultant Rick Segel, a Celebrate Silver! 25th anniversary party, and the 2007 NICHE Awards ceremony.
Retailers interested in attending the Buyers Market should visit www.AmericanCraft.com or call 800.432.7238 ext. 211.