Paola Bellusci has been appointed Trade Commissioner of Italy in Los Angeles. She is responsible for promotional activities focusing primarily on jewelry, motorcycles and bicycles, natural stones, biotechnologies, and nanotechnologies, ICT, and film, for the Italian Trade Commission’s operations in the Western U.S.
In addition, her job is to oversee the promotion of US investments in Italy and six industry-specific Web sites. She also organizes special events in cooperation with many Regions of Italy to highlight various industries, and is currently a member of the jury of the literary award Premio Napoli as well as a delegate of the Accademia della Cucina Italiana.
Previously, Bellusci held the post of Trade Commissioner in Chicago (June 2002-July 2006) and Deputy Trade Commissioner in Chicago (December 1998-June 2002). During her mandate in Chicago, she served on the Steering Committee of CITCA (Chicago International Trade Commissioners Association) and on the Advisory Committee of the Chicago International Film Festival.
Bellusci joined the Italian Institute for Foreign Trade in 1992 where she organized promotional campaigns for the construction and furniture sectors, including the first of the now annual trade events ”Italia in Cina” in Beijing in 1997. Prior to this, she worked with the research and consulting agency Business International-The Economist Group.
A native of Napoli, Bellusci obtained a degree in Political Science from the University “La Sapienza” in Rome. She is the first woman appointed Trade Commissioner in Los Angeles.
The Italian Trade Commission is the government agency entrusted with promoting trade, business opportunities and industrial cooperation between Italian and foreign companies. Headquartered in Rome, where it is known as Istituto nazionale per il Commercio Estero (ICE), it operates through 100 branch offices in 84 countries and helps foreign and Italian companies to develop business partnerships.
The Los Angeles Office handles the promotion of the following industries:
* Advanced Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, Composites)
* Aerospace Industry
* Bicycles, Motorcycles, Parts and Accessories
* Building & Construction Supplies
* Chemical & Pharmaceutical Products
* Chemical and Pharmaceutical Plant Equipment (except Packaging)
* Consumer Electronics
* Film and Television Production Equipment and Services
* High-Tech Investments Desk (Bio, Nano, Aerospace)
* Information Services and Artificial Intelligence
* Jewelry (fine and costume), Jewelry Making Machinery
* Marble & Granite, Marble & Granite Working Equipment
* Plumbing and Bath Products
* Telecommunications Equipment ,Telephony Equipment
The Los Angeles office covers the following 14 States and territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii , Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Wyoming, Guam, US Samoa.