The Atlanta Jewelry Show sponsored by the Southern Jewelry Travelers Association returns to the Cobb Galleria Centre, March 1-3, 2008, promising to bring independent retailers more new product, buyer services, and networking resources.
Updates to the show include an enhanced SJTA Rewards buyer loyalty program, a special showing of the acclaimed Jewels For Charity Hollywood Collection, a new “Stay For The Last Day” promotion, and a return of the pre-show MJSA Education at the Atlanta Jewelry Show.
“At a time when other trade shows around the country are experiencing attrition, the Atlanta Jewelry Show continues to experience steady gains. That’s because we know retailers have a choice when it comes to attending trade shows,” said Carol Young, executive director of Atlanta Jewelry Show producers, the Southern Jewelry Travelers Association. “We’re constantly working on ways to make the show’s product selection, educational offerings and events relevant to the challenges and opportunities that today’s retailers face.”
Show highlights include:
* More than 800 top-name companies and up-and-coming designers in virtually every product category, including antique jewelry, bridal, designer, diamond, pearl, platinum, gold and sterling jewelry, charms, earrings, diamonds, watches, tools on display. Retailers can also get a first-hand look at a wide array of cutting edge designs in the special Point of View: A Designer Gallery section of the show.
* A streamlined and expanded its SJTA Rewards program. Retailers will still earn reward points for every dollar spent at the show, but a new awarding process now ensures that retailers will quickly and easily earn even more points, which can then be redeemed for an array of rewards, including electronics, luxury travel packages, through the SJTA Rewards Web site.
* The Kazanjian Foundation’s Jewels for Charity Hollywood Collection, which tours to fine jewelry stores, galleries, and museums worldwide. Hosted by JFC, and sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company and the Atlanta Jewelry Show, the famed collection will be on display in the Point of View: A Designer Gallery.
* A pre-show MJSA Education program, sponsored by the Manufacturing Jewelers & Suppliers of America, Stuller Inc., and the Atlanta Jewelry Show on Feb 29. Presenters for the full-day program include Chris Ploof, Chris Ploof Studio; Gary Smith, Smith Jewelers; Dawn McCurtain, director of marketing, Palladium Alliance Intl; and Teresa Shannon, director of Education, MJSA. The fee for admission is $95 per person, including lunch. Class size is limited so retailers are encouraged to register early to secure their space. Call SJTA at 800.241.0399 for a reservation form and additional information.
* An expanded SJTA U education series with a full roster of seminars, roundtable discussions, and other programs. The program makes it even easier for retailers to obtain SJTA Certified Jeweler Status–a designation that lets area customers know that a store is truly committed to ongoing education and quality customer service. To achieve SJTA Certified Jeweler status, retailers must attend two Atlanta Jewelry Shows per year and at least two seminars during each show, for a total of four seminars a year. To maintain status, the retailer must then attend one Atlanta Jewelry Show per year and a minimum of two seminars a year.
* The popular “Tanks On Us” program returns. All retailers who pre-register receive a special coupon by mail that can be redeemed for a free gas card when they arrive at the show’s registration desk at the Cobb Galleria Center. Register on-line at www.atlantajewelryshow.com.
* The Paint the Town Red Buyer Gala on March 2, from 6 – 8 p.m. at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. All exhibitors and buyers are invited to experience the red carpet treatment synonymous with the golden era of Hollywood. Admission to the Gala is free and includes complementary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
* On the last day of the show, exhibitors will offer exclusive show specials to retailers who place orders with them on Monday. From free shipping and discounts to free displays and much more, orders placed on the last day offer tremendous savings potential. A complete listing of participating exhibitors will be at www.atlantajewelryshow.com, as well as on show site.
SJTA has arranged for discounts on airfare and local hotels. For discounted airfare, call Airtran Airways at 1.866.683.8368 and use Event Code: ATL030108 Discounted hotel rates can be obtained by calling the following hotels directly. Attendees should tell the reservations representative that they’re coming for the SJTA Atlanta Jewelry Show to take advantage of discounted rates, including (all rates are plus tax unless indicated):
Hotel Rates Phone
Renaissance Waverly $125 (770) 953-4500
Group Code: SJTSJTA
Sheraton Suites $95 (800) 689-6671
Group Code: S0B28A
Hampton Inn Suites $88 (770) 955-1110
Group Code: SJA
Crowne Plaza $100 (770) 955-1700
Group Code: SJ1
Embassy Suites $104 (770) 984-9300
Group Code: SSS
Wyndham Vinings Hotel $89/$99 (770) 432-5555
Group Code: 022108SJ
For added convenience, attendees can visit the hotel and airfares section of the show Web site for quick and easy direct links to the hotels and group codes to reference to take advantage of these discounts.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine