The Atlanta Jewelry Show returns to the Cobb Galleria Centre, Aug. 12-14, with expanded benefit programs for exhibitors and retailers, educational sessions, and other resources. The biennial show is sponsored by the Southern Jewelry Travelers Association.
“Our show is the only place where retailers have an opportunity to see exceptional jewelry and learn from the best in the industry, while taking advantage of some of the best buyer incentives,” explains Carol Young, executive director, SJTA, managers and producers of the Atlanta Jewelry Show.
Show highlights include:
* The “You Buy, You Fly” buyer loyalty gives buyers opportunities to earn Delta SkyMiles based on orders placed at the show. This year, SJTA exhibitors have more than two million Delta SkyMiles to award to customers based on orders written at the show. The program will award a 25 percent mileage bonus to buyers who receive 20,000 miles or more from exhibitors based on purchases during the show. As an added bonus, retailers can choose to donate the miles they earn to charities participating in Delta’s SkyWish program. When retailers earn 15,000 SkyMiles or more at any one of the past three Atlanta Jewelry Shows, they automatically become a member of the exclusive “High Flying Buyers Club,” which entitles high buying retailers access to an exclusive “no wait” registration counter, special badges, and access to the exclusive High Flying Buyers lounge, where they can enjoy complementary breakfast, lunch, late afternoon snacks in a peaceful environment.
* The show will bring together more than 800 exhibiting companies showcasing introductions from top name brands and designers in every product category, including antique jewelry, bridal, designer, diamond, pearl, platinum, gold and sterling jewelry, charms, earrings, diamonds, watches, and tools.
* The “Tanks on Us” reward program is back by popular demand to thank retailers who pre-register and attend the show. All retailers who pre-register will receive a coupon by mail that can be redeemed for a free gas card when they arrive at the show’s registration desk at the Cobb Galleria Centre. Register online at www.atlantajewelryshow.com.
* Buyers and exhibitors are invited to enjoy a night in true Cowboy style at the Old West Saloon Buyer Gala, Aug. 13 at p.m. at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel with live country-western music, dancing, and complementary hors d’oeuvres and drinks Admission is free.
SJTA continues to expand the educational offerings at the Atlanta Jewelry Show. Advance registration is suggested for the Lunch & Learn programs. To pre-register, attendees should call 1.800.241.0399, 404.634.3434; or register online at www.atlantajewelryshow.com. Educational offerings include:
* Keynote address: Communicating with Customers When Strangling Them Isn’t An Option, Sue Hershkowitz-Coore, CSP
* Lunch & Learn Program: “Hiring for the Holidays,” Kate Peterson, president, Performance Concepts.
* Lunch & Learn Program: “The E-commerce Promise – Is It Time to Jump onto the Online Bandwagon?” Rick Segal, CSP, Rick Segal & Associates
* “Colored Gemstone Jewelry: The Next Bastion for Higher Profit Margins,” by Arthur Anton Skuratowicz, ICGA, GJG, GIA, and Anton Nash, LLC
* “A.S.E.T to ASSET: The Angular Spectrum Evaluation Tool,” Patrick B. Stout, C.G.A. Education Manager, American Gem Society
* MJSA Jewelry Academy @ the Atlanta Jewelry Show presents: “Jewelry on the Web: The Appropriate Way to Sell Jewelry on the Internet – Is There One: A Contrarian’s View,” Frank Dallahan, president/CEO, MJSA
SJTA has arranged for discounts on airfare and local hotels. For discounted airfare, call Airtran Airways at 1.866.683.8368 and use Event Code: JEWELRY2006. Discounted hotel rates can be obtained by calling the hotels directly. Attendees should tell the reservations representative that they’re coming for the SJTA Atlanta Jewelry Show to take advantage of rates, including (all rates are plus tax unless indicated): Hotels offering discounts are:
* Renaissance Waverly Hotel, 770-953-4500, $121 per night
* Sheraton Suites Hotel, 800-689-6671, $95
* Hampton Inn & Suites, 770-955-1110, $85
* Crowne Plaza Hotel, 770-955-1700, $95
* Embassy Suites, 770.984.9300, $95
* Wyndham Vinings Hotel, 770.432.5555, $89/$99