This year the American Gem Trade Association will be giving away thousands of dollars and other prizes during Gem Day on Thursday, May 29.
The AGTA GemFair Cultured Pearl & Jewelry Pavilion has new dates and times. The AGTA Pavilion is open Thursday, May 29 – Monday, June 2, 2003. Hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on May 29 and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on May 30-June 2.
The pavilion is located in the Venetian Hotel Grand Ballroom adjacent to the Sand’s Convention Center. Because the AGTA Pavilion opens one day before the JCK Show ~ Las Vegas, AGTA wanted to provide buyers with a little incentive to shop early for the best selection of natural colored gemstones, cultured pearls, and designer jewelry.
GEM DAY will be held Thursday, May 29 from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and festivities include drawings, seminars, a buyer reception, and other events. Highlights include:
· A buyer reception offering complimentary wine, beer and light hors d’oeuvres will be held on Thursday, May 29 from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the AGTA Windows of Color Cafe’.
· Three drawings for prizes, including airfare and hotel stay to JCK ~ Las Vegas 2004 or $2,000 cash.
· A noon lecture by Dr. Jeffrey Post, Ph.D., curator of the National Gem Collection of the Smithsonian Institution. Located in rooms 905/906 at the Sands Expo Center.
· Seminars focusing on color and fashion presented by industry leaders on both Wednesday, May 28 and Thursday, May 29. Located in rooms 905/906 at the Sands Expo Center.
The AGTA will have other events happening throughout the week. AGTA Pavilion highlights include:
· The AGTA Windows of Color Cafe’ will be open in the AGTA Pavilion beginning on Gem Day and will feature delicious food, including Kosher offerings, from the Venetian Hotel.
· A drawing for $1,000 will be awarded on Monday, June 2 in the AGTA Pavilion.
· The AGTA Pavilion opens at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 29 and 9:00 a.m. Friday, May 30th-Monday, June 2, one hour before the main show.
For further information about the AGTA, Gem Day or the AGTA Pavilion, call (800) 972-1162 or visit the AGTA website at www.agta.org.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine