Diane Flora, CGA and director of education for the American Gem Society, will present educational seminars at the Georgia JA Show on Sept. 21.
“Effective Leadership: Taking Charge of Your Success” will provide attendees guidance on resourcefully using skills acquired as a gemologist, salesperson or manager. This session will provide insight on facing the daily challenges of life in ways that will open attendees to the rewards and opportunities of a true leader. The seminar will be held 9 a.m.to 10:30 a.m. In the presentation attendees will learn:
· What skills and traits make an effective leader
· How daring to dream can result in greater success
· Where to develop and promote leadership expertise
· Why giving back to the industry and community is important
“Treat ‘Em Right-Enhance Your Sales with Full Disclosure” will be presented from 10:45 am to 12:15 pm. Topics covered will include:
· An update on gemstone treatment techniques
· The implications of enhancements that are not detectable at store level
· Legal obligations as they relate to full disclosure at the sales counter
· How to add value and increase customer interest by discussing gemstone enhancement
This presentation will demonstrate how proper disclosure ultimately leads to a more trusting customer, and a more trusting customer leads to more sales.