Thousands of readers of two leading European publications have cast their votes for what they consider the top watches of 2009.
Fine watches are especially popular with European consumers, so much so, as that the national German-language newspaper Welt am Sonntag and the magazine ArmbandUhren (Wristwatches) annually poll their readers for their own choices for “Watch of the Year.” The winners, from dozen of nominees, in both men’s and women’s watches, were announced by Peter Braun, editor of ArmbandUhren, and honored Thursday at a crowded gala at BaselWorld, in Basel, Switzerland, the world’s largest watch trade fair.
The five top vote getters were selected for men’s and for women’s watches ar as follows:
1. Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Reverso Squndra Lady Duetto (pictured)
2. IWCsPortofino Midsize
3. Nomos’ Orion Rose Gold
4. Chronoswiss’s Imperia
5. Rado’s Integral Superjubilé
1. A. Lange & Söhne’s Cabaret Tourbillon (pictured)
2. Glasshütte’s Panoinverse XL
3. Patek Philippe’s Grand Complication Ref.5207
4. Rolex’s Oyster Perpetual Sea Dweller “Deep Sea”
5. Nomos’ Tangomat Datum