Bonhams is set to auction an exceptional array of diamond jewels, including several colored varieties, at its June 22 sale in New York.
“This sale is packed with beautiful colored stones and important pieces of wearable jewelry that have, time and time again, proven their worth in the sale room,” said Susan Abeles, Bonhams’ U.S. head of jewelry.
Among the top lots:
• A diamond rivière necklace featuring 70 cts. t.w. of round brilliant-cut diamonds, estimated to go for $1.4–$1.8 million.
• A 25 ct. sapphire and diamond ring by M. Gérard, estimated at $400,000–$500,000.
• A 3.56 ct. cut-cornered, rectangular-cut fancy pink diamond with a pear-shape diamond and pavé diamonds, estimated at $600,000–$800,000.
• A ring with a .71 ct. brilliant-cut fancy blue diamond surrounded by a pavé-set diamond star, estimated at $250,000–$300,000.
• A 5.02 ct. cut-cornered square yellow diamond ring, estimated at $50,000–$60,000.