A panel at the first annual Fashion Digital New York conference on Oct. 10 said that Pinterest was overshadowing Facebook shopping, and that retailers were putting more effort and money into Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and m-commerce.
However, an infographic from Rich Relevance based on a study around the same time as the conference showed that Facebook drives the most traffic to retail sites.
The study found that Facebook not only accounts for 86 percent of socially driven shopping sessions, but that Facebook users see nearly 2.5 times as many page views per session as Twitter.
So while other social media sites may be the future, Facebook is still the entry point for many retailers, designers, and manufacturers in this industry.
I asked the JCK editorial staff for Facebook pages from across the jewelry industry worth liking. Here are five we thought were using the social media network the right way. If you have any suggestions of your own, feel free to send them our way.
Also check out:
- 5 Jewelers You Should Be Following on Twitter
- 5 More Jewelers You Should Follow on Twitter
- 20 Jewelry Retailers You Should Follow on Pinterest
- 5 Cool Jewelry Industry Blogs You Should Be Following
- Selecting the Best Social Media Tactics for Your Store
- Why Social Media Is Driving Shoppers to Shop Locally