De Beers to stop reducing rough prices, Irish diamond company head charged with drug selling, and more stories on the industry’s radar this week:
- Sudden spurt in demand in Surat. De Beers says no more adjustments of rough prices. Alrosa nets over $2 million in rough auction.
- Irish diamond company head charged with selling drugs.
- Rio Tinto’s mine in India to be among top 10 diamond producers.
- Financial Times on lab-created diamonds.
- Swallowed “diamond” in Sri Lanka turns out to be fake.