Same-sex marriage leads to more man-gagement rings, magazine details how to spot a fake diamond, and more stories on the industry’s radar this week:
- Same-sex marriage leading to more “man-gagement” rings.
- De Beers worries about falling rupee. Russia catching up with Botswana in diamond production. EU not reopening De Beers antitrust investigation.
- Kimberley Process chair hails “significant progress.” Greenland joins the KP. Zimbabwe minister calls diamonds fund situation “a horror movie.”
- Wired (U.K.) on how to spot a fake diamond. The Independent calls diamonds “an investor’s best friend.”
- Rio Tinto’s estimates of diamond supply and demand.