2018 Colored Stone Special Section
Indian diamonds stuck at GIA, Florida becomes a big source of diamonds, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week.
– Ekati founder still looking for new finds.
– Indian diamonds stuck at GIA.
– De Beers nearly done probing leak of price book. Strike looms at Namdeb. De Beers using driverless trucks.
– Bank says it’s difficult to fund Zimbabwe diamond mines. Marange deposits run out. Chinese diamond miner wreaked havoc, newspaper says. Government, miners clash over relocation.
– Media Watch: Hello magazine and First to Know give diamond-buying tips. Vanity Fair looks at Elsa Peretti. Maui News on the “diamond mines” in Florida. Slate on jewelry in the Gilded Age.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox