Mining companies raise diamond prices, a new conflict diamond documentary, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
- Mining companies increase diamond prices.
- Indian company develops online diamond pricing mechanism. New diamond investment vehicle launching in June.
- Three companies might buy Rio Tinto’s Murowa mine.
- New documentary coming on conflict diamonds. Zimbabwe army accused of trading arms for diamonds. Government launches investigation of diamond money trail.
- Media Watch: Credit.com/Yahoo on engagement ring financing. Ira Weissman at Huffington Post not buying diamonds for Valentine’s Day. Los Angeles Times writer not interested in engagement rings. Slate advice columnist on people who judge engagement ring size.
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine