Magazine reveals how to steal diamonds, EU to eventually lift Zimbabwe diamond sanctions, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week:
- EU will lift sanctions on Zimbabwe diamonds post-election. Global Witness worries there may be “gaps.”
- A 114 ct. diamond fails to sell in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Does big Belgium diamond theft say anything about the Kimberley Process? The Onion (parody newspaper) thinks diamond thefts are routine. Popular Science on “how to steal a diamond.”
- Northwest Territories negotiating new diamond agreement with Harry Winston. De Beers Canadian mine blockaded again. Company threatens legal action.
- Jezebel thinks big engagement rings “look tacky.” Fox Business News guest on diamonds as an investment (video). Diamond encrusted motorbike auctioned.
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine