CNBC says mistresses will want diamonds this year, company accidentally purchases a parcel of synthetics, and other stories on the industry’s radar this week.
– Are there diamonds in Antarctica? Russia to mine diamonds in Sudan.
– Indian industry leaders call for separate “certification” for synthetic diamonds. Dalumi says it accidentally purchased a parcel of synthetics. H. Goldie’s Mark Boston wonders: “What now?”
– Goldman Sachs bullish on diamonds. Anglo American doesn’t plan to sell diamond assets.
– Indian companies worry about profitability. Indian bank cautious about lending to diamond companies.
– Media Watch: The New York Times on the “murky trail of diamonds.” CNBC says mistresses are going to want diamonds. A publication called Death and Taxes doesn’t like diamonds.
Subscribe Now and receive the latest news directly to your inbox