One of the main topics that surfaced in interviews was the industry’s use of technology—or lack thereof. How could jewelers and designers take advantage of technology in the coming year when some companies don’t even have a website?
While progress may be slow, studies last year showed that the jewelry industry is making digital strides. I’ve also profiled several of JCK’s Twitter followers and Facebook friends recently who have figured out how to use social networks to boost their brands’ profiles.
For those who need more evidence that the Internet and mobile aren’t passing fads, check out these three infographics on the future of retail.
E-Retailing Essentials by Rackspace
Making Sense of the SoLoMo Landscape by Rocket Fuel
Mobile Influence: The Future of Retail by Hubba
Were these infographics helpful? How have you used technology and the Internet to help your store or company?
Also check out:
- 3 Infographics Every Small Business Owner Should See
- Infographic: How Much Do Small Businesses Spend on Social Media?
- 5 Jewelry Industry Facebook Pages You Should Like
- Jewelry Retailers and Industry Pundits Look Ahead to 2013
- Out of Sight, But Still Top of Mind: 5 Retail Mini-Trends for 2013
- Extended Outlook: Jewels and Trends to Ring in a Rich 2013
- 5 Jewelers You Should Be Following on Twitter
- 5 More Jewelers You Should Follow on Twitter
- 20 Jewelry Retailers You Should Follow on Pinterest
- 5 Cool Jewelry Industry Blogs You Should Be Following
- Selecting the Best Social Media Tactics for Your Store
- Why Social Media Is Driving Shoppers to Shop Locally