The 24 Karat Club of Southern California has appointed Frank Proctor as president, as well as new officers and board of directors.
The new leaders include:
- President: Frank Proctor, president & CEO, Luxury Brand Group
- Vice-president: Rossana Aguilar, executive director & CEO, CJA
- Treasurer: Jeroen Sparreboom, vice-president, Parcel Pro
- Secretary: Judith Shechter, GIA senior manager, sales
Board of Directors
- L. Bart Boydston, national sales & training rep, Q Report
- Erica Courtney, owner, Erica Courtney, Inc.
- David Friedman, president, Sarah Leonard Fine Jewelers, Inc
- Vatche Fronjian, president, True Knots/My Way Jewelry Co., Inc.
- Carey Hobson, regional vice president, West Coast, Citizen Watch Company
- Robin Lutin, regional manager, JCK Publishing Group
- Niveet Nagpal, vice president, Omi Gems Inc.
- David Peters, director of member services, Jewelers of America
- Karen Signorino, regional sales director, JMI Insurance Services, LLC
- Steve Weiss, president, Kirk Jewelers of America
- Jimmy West, executive director, Leading Jewelers Guild
The club also announced that Donna M. Baker, president and CEO of the Gemological Institute of America, will be presented with the club’s Excellence in Service Award during the its 68th Annual Dinner Dance and Gala on Oct. 6.
Baker, a graduate of Loyola Marymount University and UCLA Law School, has been working at GIA since 2001.
“We are thrilled to honor Donna with our ‘Excellence in Service Award’ for her exceptional leadership and the contributions she has made throughout the fine jewelry industry,” Frank Proctor, 24 Karat president, said in a statement. “She exemplifies the character, quality, and tradition upon which our industry is founded and is a true inspiration to all of us.”